Product Description & Reviews
The most versatile and essential of all knives a cook can have is a Japanese chefs knife known as a Gyuto knife. Preparing delicious meals starts with taking wholesome ingredients and using the best tools such as a high quality chefs knife to make every meal into something special. From dicing, slicing, and chopping fresh produce from a farmers market to carving a roast chicken straight from the oven, even the simplest tasks are elevated with a handcrafted knife that is as beautiful as it is functional. Our VG-10 Hammered Damascus Gyuto Chef Knife is forged with a Western style curved blade that smoothly rocks back and forth with an extended tip for quick chopping. Forged and hammered with 16 layers of steel in the Damascus tradition with a VG-10 Core, this knife is complimented with a premium Western style handcrafted mahogany handle that extends to the full tang of the knife and is NSF certified for commercial kitchens and ergonomically welds to the hand for seamless use. The hammered texture of the blade eliminates friction and keeps food from sticking to the blade. Every knife from Yoshihiro is handcrafted by master artisans creating a unique one of a kind work of art. Japanese knives should always be sharpened and honed on premium quality Japanese water stones. A good quality Japanese water stone not only is the best surface to sharpen and maintain the blade of your knife, but it is also the best tool to preserve and take care of the high quality steel that it is made of. For maintenance info and professional Japanese knife sharpening contact our Yoshihiro Cutlery store.
Features & Highlights
- Gyuto Chef's Knife is the most versatile and essential of all chef knives perfect for dicing, slicing, and chopping fresh produce to carving a roast chicken straight from the oven.
- 3 Layer construction with a VG-10 Japanese stainless steel center core with a HRC 60 for exceptional sharpness, edge retention, and durability with ease of sharpening.
- An elegant 16 layer hammered outer steel is a stylish yet functional design eliminating friction and keeping food from sticking to the blade
- A premium Mahogany wood handle with a full tang for a well balanced construction for seamless use.
- Excellent for entry level chefs. Hand wash only and sharpen on quality whetstones. Comes ready to use out of the box. 100% handcrafted by skilled tradesmen in Japan. Not mass produced.
|Item Weight:||0.4 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.06 x 1.81 x 1.81 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.9 pounds|
|Package Size:||3 x 3 x 3 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.