Yoshihiro Shiroko High Carbon Steel Kasumi Yanagi Shitan Handle Sushi Sashimi Chef Knife 10.5inch(270mm)
Huge Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 18% on the Yoshihiro Shiroko High Carbon Steel Kasumi Yanagi Shitan Handle Sushi Sashimi Chef Knife 10.5inch(270mm) by Yoshihiro at Sara Stage. MPN: KKYA270SH. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Our handmade Yoshihiro Kasumi knives are crafted by our master artisans with the utmost care to create high quality knives that offer exceptional
Our Yoshihiro Kasumi knives are incomparable in their craftsmanship and performance. Yoshihiro Kasumi knives are complimented with a traditional Japanese style handcrafted Shitan Rosewood handle affixed with a Shitan Rosewood bolster, and a protective wooden sheath called a Saya is included, which protects the knife and adds to its appearance when not in use. The Yanagi is a long slicing knife that was designed to slice thin slices of fish for sushi and sashimi. The beauty of its elegant thin blade is its ability to slice through an ingredient in long uninterrupted strokes, preserving its integrity and freshness. The Yanagi is one of the most essential of traditional Japanese knives and is a powerful component in the repertoire of many chefs. Even the simplest of tasks are elevated with a handcrafted knife that is as beautiful as it is functional. Available 9.5 Inch(240mm), 10.5 Inch(270mm), 11.8 Inch(300mm), and 13 Inch(330mm) with a limited lifetime warranty.
Although traditional Japanese carbon steel knives are not stainless, with proper care they can provide years of enjoyment. Keeping dry in between usage, and applying Tsubaki Oil(as included) before storage will keep your knife in tip top shape. Japanese knives should always be sharpened and honed on premium quality Japanese water stones. A good quality Japanese water stone not only is the best surface to sharpen and maintain the blade of your knife, but it is also the best tool to preserve and take care of the high quality steel that it is made of.
KNIFE CAN BE OXIDIZED WITHOUT PROPER CARE* RECOMMEND FOR PROFESSIONAL ONLY*
Features & Highlights
- KNIFE CAN BE OXIDIZED WITHOUT PROPER CARE* RECOMMEND FOR PROFESSIONAL ONLY*
- Forged from Japanese White High Carbon Steel #2 with HRC 62-63. Will become extremely sharp with whetstone sharpening.
- 10.5 inch (270mm) single edged blade with a traditional grind. Completely flat ground on front (SHINOGI), concave ground (URASUKI) with flat rim (URAOSHI) on the back. Will glide through any type of fish with no pressure. Just start the cut and pull the knife back.
- Simple and elegant design with a handcrafted Rosewood Japanese D-shaped handle and Shitan bolster for a light and well balanced construction.
- Excellent for entry level chefs. Magnolia wood knife sheath, knife oil, and rust eraser included. Hand wash only and sharpen on quality whetstones. Comes ready to use out of the box. 100% handcrafted in Japan. Not mass produced.
|Package Weight:||1 pounds|
|Package Size:||2.4 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches|