Yoshihiro Hongasumi Blue Steel #2 Deba fish fillet Chef Knife Shitan handle (7" (180mm))
Yoshihiro Hongasumi Blue Steel #2 Deba fish fillet Chef Knife Shitan handle (7'' (180mm)) by Yoshihiro at Sara Stage. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Yoshihiro Hongasumi Blue Steel Deba Filet Japanese Knife is designed for carving and filleting fish, as well as some meat. A heavy knife with a
The Yoshihiro Hongasumi Blue Steel Deba Filet Japanese Knife is designed for carving and filleting fish, as well as some meat. A heavy knife with a single-edged blade, this chefs knife made of blue steel cuts easily through the flesh and meat of fish. A traditional hongasumi means this knife is a higher quality kasumi knife, or a knife that was forged by layering softer steel over a hard steel core. The hardness of the blue steel allows for superior sharpness and edge retention while the softness of the surrounding iron adds durability.
Hand crafted in Japan with traditional techniques, the Yoshihiro Hongasumi Blue Steel Deba Filet Japanese Knife has a completely flat ground on front (shinogi), and a concave ground (urasuki) with a flat rim (uraoshi) on the back. As traditional Japanese knives and cutlery value sharpness, the hard, high carbon blue steel #2 lets these tradesmen create a thin, sharp cutting edge on the blade. Its traditional, Japanese, octagonal handle is made of magnolia wood with water buffalo horn. This knife features the traditional, mist-like pattern on the back of the blade from the forging process, and comes with a shitan bolster, magnolia wood knife cover, knife oil, and rust eraser set.
Care & Sharpening:
Traditional Japanese knife making values a sharp edge, which requires attention and care. Sharpening and honing should be done with only water whetstones. Hand wash and dry only, and do so immediately if working with acidic ingredients. Only use on boneless flesh of fish.
Features & Highlights
- Forged from Japanese Blue Steel #2 with HRC 63-64. Will become extremely sharp with whetstone sharpening.
- 6.5 inch (165mm), 7",(180mm), 7.7 inch (195mm) single edged blade with a traditional grind. Completely flat ground on front (SHINOGI), concave ground (URASUKI) with flat rim (URAOSHI) on the back.
- KNIFE CAN BE OXIDIZED WITHOUT PROPER CARE *RECOMMEND FOR PROFESSIONAL ONLY*
- Excellent for Intermediate level chefs. Tsubaki Knife Oil, and Sabitori Rust Eraser included. Hand wash only and sharpen on quality whetstones. Comes ready to use out of the box.100% handcrafted in Japan. Not mass produced.
- Equipped with a handcrafted Rosewood handle that makes for a well-balanced construction, allowing easy maneuverability and seamless use.