Product Description & Reviews
When boning, the narrow, sharp, curved blade of the Premier Gokujo Boning and Fillet Knife gets in close to the bone, making it easy to separate meat from bone. The extremely sharp edge cuts through fibrous material with ease; it's perfect for trimming the silver skin from a tenderloin or roast or even making your own cutlets. The blade's six-inch length and narrowness is just right to glide through the body of the fish, quickly removing bones and skin. Elegant and beautiful, the Shun Premier line of knives is unlike any knives you've owned. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX "super steel" to take and hold a precision edge. Featuring layered Damascus steel for strength, the hand-hammered finish (known as 'tsuchime' in Japanese) lends not only to the beauty, but creates the hollow-ground feature that reduces knife-drag and prevents food from sticking to the blade. Ultra-thin and incredibly sharp, these blades feature a 16-degree blade angle making the blade flexible, but much sharper than traditional Western knives. The gorgeous Packwood handles in walnut finish are both sleek and stylish, and are shaped to fit the palm of your hand in a variety of secure and comfortable grips. The Shun logo is embossed on the end cap, making these knives beautiful in and out of the knife block. Incredibly thin, sharp blades, stylish finishing details and created in the Japanese styling that Shun is famous for; you know your Premier line of knives will work just as hard as you do in your kitchen. Hand washing only; limited lifetime warranty.
Features & Highlights
- Premier Gokujo Boning and Fillet Knife is ideal for removing bones from fish and creating thin slices
- Featuring a double-bevel, flat-ground blade for durability and to move food away from the blade quickly
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree cutting angle on each side for a razor-sharp edge; Hammered Tsuchime finish helps release food when cutting
- Proprietary VG-Max Cutting Core for maximum edge retention; clad with 64 layers of stainless steel (32 each side) for corrosion resistance
- Walnut Pakkawood handle to fit both right and left hand for a comfortable, secure grip
|Item Weight:||0.28 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.63 x 1.25 x 1.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.5 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.1 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.