Shun Hiro SG2 4.5-inch Santoku Knife
Mega Sale! Save 26% on the Shun Hiro SG2 4.5-inch Santoku Knife by Shun at Sara Stage. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Shun Hiro SG2 Santoku Knife is smaller than the medium-sized santoku, making this an ideal size and weight for most smaller-sized kitchen tasks.
Blade Length: 4.5-inches
Blade Type: Fine Edge
Blade Material: Stainless Damascus with SG2 Core
Handle Material: Pakkawood
Shun Hiro SG2 Series
Combines striking beauty with peerless performance. In Japanese, the name Hiro is known as "abundant," "generous," and "prosperous." The Hiro cutting core is made of SG2 micro-carbide steel. This ultra-fine-grained steel is incredibly hard and dense, enabling Shun to make thinner blades that can be sharpened to a razor-like 16° cutting angle. At the same time, SG2 offers unmatched edge retention, so it's superb for kitchen use. Due to this combination of performance and durability, SG2 is considered by many to be the world's best blade steel for use in kitchen knives. In 150 handcrafted steps, every curve has been meticulously smoothed and rounded, from spine to heel, while each cutting edge has been precisely sharpened to make every cutting task a pleasure. True to its Eastern heritage, the Shun Hiro's handle follows straight off the blade for a grip Asian-style knife enthusiasts prefer. Made of premium charcoal-colored PakkaWood with deep crimson striations, the handle is also adorned with an inlaid brass-and-steel Samurai family crest mosaic and a mirror-polished nickel silver bolster and end cap. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
Features & Highlights
- SG2 Japanese steel cutting core and clad with 32 layers of a Damascus nickel and stainless pattern on each side for a total of 65 layers of metal
- 64° Rockwell Hardness; hand-sharpened Japanese double-bevel blade angle 16° (each side)
- Ambidextrous handle is made of dark charcoal PakkaWood with deep crimson striations and an inlaid mosaic Samurai family crest and nickel silver bolster and embossed end cap
- Hammered tsuchime finish adds to the knife's dramatic looks and helps food release from blade
- SG2's extremely dense grain structure and purity enable it to take and hold an exquisitely fine edge with unparalleled durability; even more so than VG-MAX or VG-10; Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
|Item Weight:||0.031 pounds|
|Package Size:||3 x 0.9 x 0.9 inches|