Arcos Maitre 11-Inch Carving Knife
Arcos Maitre 11-Inch Carving Knife by ARCOS at Sara Stage. MPN: 151200. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A state-of-the-art kitchen knife that hews to the traditions of its 18th century Spanish origins, this 11-inch carving knife (275 mm) from Arcos is
A state-of-the-art kitchen knife that hews to the traditions of its 18th century Spanish origins, this 11-inch carving knife (275 mm) from Arcos is part of its best-selling Maitre series, which is made to be dependably durable for everyday food prep. This 11-inch carver is specially designed for slicing very thin slices of Spanish ham (Jamón), but it will also easily tackle your roasts and poultry.
The Arcos Maitre line (see larger image).
Featuring an exclusive Arcos stainless steel formula called Nitrum, this blade is made from martensitic stainless steel with added molybdenum and vanadium for strengthening. It's then enriched with nitrogen in Arcos' Nitrum process and hardened to 53-56 HRc (on the Rockwell C scale) for extra durability. The nylon plastic handle is infused with micro glass beads for added strength and light resistance to prevent fading, and the three rivets are made of a high-quality stainless alloy to prevent corrosion. Dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended. Backed by a 10-year warranty.
Arcos Nitrum Stainless Steel
Nitrum is a nitrogen-enriched stainless steel formula that's found exclusively in Arcos knives. With Nitrum stainless steel, your Arcos knife will possess improved hardness for a longer lasting sharpness, enhanced microstructure for higher resistance to corrosion and exceptional edge durability for longer periods between re-sharpening. The Nitrum production process has no negative effect on the air, water, or soil.
How to Correctly Sharpen Your Arcos Knife
Arcos recommends the regular use of a sharpening steel to keep the cutting edge of your knife razor sharp.
- Place the blade of the knife on the steel at a 20 degree angle.
- Keep the arm that is holding the steel steady and swipe the blade lightly over the steel keeping the angle at 20 degrees.
- Give each side of the knife an equal number of swipes (about 20).
- Sharpen the other side of the blade as before, this time using the other side of the honing steel.
And remember to always protect your fingers.
See larger image.
Tips For Use and Maintenance
- Wash knives immediately after use with a mild soap. Avoid prolonged contact with leftover food.
- Do not use bleach, soda or detergents containing chlorine or chlorides ions because they rust the steel and may cause it to lose its shine.
- Avoid rubbing your knives with abrasive products, hard cloths, and metallic or synthetic cleaners.
- If you use a dishwasher, place your knives in with the blades facing up and in separate containers from the rest of your cutlery to avoid scratching.
- Avoid leaving your knives submerged in water for long periods of time, especially in hard or salty water that can affect metals.
- Dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Leaving your knives to dry in the dishwasher is not recommended.
Arcos is a leading Spanish knife manufacturer and one of the oldest knife and cutlery manufacturers in the world. In 1745, Don Juan de Arcos started hand-crafting the first knives and scissors marked with the Arcos brand, and many of these pieces are displayed in the National Museum of Archeology of Madrid. Gregorio Arcos Aroca turned the small hand-crafted workshop into a mass-production factory for professional knives in 1875. And a century later, Gregorio Arcos Villanueva started the international expansion of the company. Today, Arcos is still a family owned business and proud of its remarkable heritage.
To learn more about the history of Arcos, see this larger timeline image.
Features & Highlights
- 11-inch carving knife specially designed for Spanish ham--excellent for everyday use
- Made in Spain by Arcos, a leading European knife manufacturer with traditions stretching back to 1745
- Arcos exclusive Nitrum stainless steel formula enriched with nitrogen for added hardness and long-lasting sharpness
- Nylon plastic handle is infused with micro glass beads for added strength and light resistance
- Dishwasher safe, hand washing recommended; 10-year warranty
|Item Weight:||0.55 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 16 x 16 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.31 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.23 x 0.98 x 0.98 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by ARCOS, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: P11893C, ean: 0092187283833,
Dexter Russell P11893C dexter basics (28383) 5 inch cut & gut knife in skin pak. Manufactured by Dexter-Russell. This product is manufactured in Taiwan. Item weight is 0.25.Dexter Russell P11893C dexter basics (28383) 5 inch cut & gut knife in skin p...
An all purpose basic kitchen wide stiff blade boning knife for separating bones from meat and fish, chopping vegetables and herbs *5 1/2-Inch Blade * 5-Inch Handle * Non-Serrated Blade * Blue Handle * High Carbon Stainless Steel * NSF Approved Icel K...
sku: 161814-669765, mpn: P94825, ean: 0092187316203,
Dexter-Russell is the largest and oldest manufacturer of cutlery in the United States. Their rich history and experience is put into every blade that they create. Their 6" Flexible Curved Boning Knife - Basics® Series (P94825) offers the Dexter qual...
mpn: 1376, ean: 0092187018800,
This knife has a high-carbon hand sharpened and honed wide steel blade. The beech wood handle is secured to the blade tang by brass rivets. Ideal for deboning fish meats and poultry.Ship Weight: .23 lbs.. Blade Length: 6". Blade Tip: Pointed. Edge Ty...
The Enso HD Boning Knife features a slender shape blade, enabling to pierce the flesh of poultry, fish and beef. The shape also allows you to easily follow closely to the contour of bones. Enso has been crafting professional knives since 1932, combin...
mpn: VIC-40513, ean: 0046928405138,
Over the years, both customer needs and technology have changed. The Swiss Army knife has evolved by responding to these needs, while remaining an essential tool our clients can rely on. That's our story. But it's not what turned the victorinox kni...
sku: DRI_24273, mpn: SG140-12GE-PCP, ean: 0092187242731,
Duo-edge roast slicer. The standard in non-slip and comfortable design for demanding kitchen environments. A soft rubber grip reduces stresses that may cause fatigue and common wrist injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome. Stain-free, high-carbon steel...
By Frosts by Mora of Sweden
mpn: M-129-3790, ean: 0768674079325,
Authentic Frosts by Mora of Sweden are premium-grade knives and tools that are trusted by food professionals from around the world. Frosts filleting knives are extremely sharp and are available in a variety of lengths and widths to meet your needs. T...
mpn: NK03078-BRK, ean: 0022677030784,
6 1/4" closed lockback. 5" Swedish surgical stainless blade. Black molded "comfort grip" handle. Hang packaged.; country of origin: China; brand name: Rapala; Category name: locking-knivesOffers rugged compactness and exceptional value. Textured soft...
mpn: VN40470, ean: 0046928404704,
This gorgeous Yellow Boning Knife has the finest details and highest quality you will find anywhere! Yellow Boning Knife is truly remarkable. Product Details: Condition: Brand New Item SKU: SS-BRK-VN40470 Information: 6" stainless blade. Yellow Fibro...